Urban Deca Homes Construction Management Team using precast concrete involves casting and curing reinforced concrete in a controlled environment, before transporting them to construction sites for lifting, assembly, and finishing. The whole process allows the construction of housing units in just eight to 10 days, compared to the traditional method of piling hollow blocks on top of each other, which requires around 45-60 days.
Urban Deca Homes Pre-cast Advantages
As long as there has been concrete it has been precast-going clear back to the Romans (see Anne Balogh’s take on that in this section about Concrete Architectural Accents). And there are lots of good reasons for that. The National Precast Concrete Association has information on its website outlining the value of precast concrete. Most of the advantages they cite are really advantages of concrete in general rather than specific to precast, but when compared to site-cast concrete, precast does have lots of advantages:
- Since precast is manufactured in a controlled casting environment it is easier to control the mix, placement, and curing
- Quality can be controlled and monitored much more easily
- Since a precaster can buy materials for multiple projects, quantity discounts can lower costs
- Weather is eliminated as a factor-you can cast in any weather and get the same results, which allows you to perfect mixes and methods
- Less labor is required and that labor can be less skilled
- On site, precast can be installed immediately, there is no waiting for it to gain strength and the modularity of precast products makes installation go quickly
- Repeatability-it’s easy to make many copies of the same precast product; by maximizing repetition, you can get plenty of value from a mold and a set-up
- Accelerated curing, by heating the precast parts, greatly increases strength gain, reducing the time between casting the part and putting it into service
- With the ability to so tightly control the process, from materials to consolidation to curing, you can get extremely durable concrete
Our projects in National Capital Region now using modern building technology called pre-cast to ensure the quality of building structure of Urban Deca Homes Tondo Manila, Urban Deca Homes Campville, and Urban Deca Tower
Watch video here.